Powered by Blogger.

GLOBALIZATION in my LIFE


By: Laura Reyes

Since we started the course of Communication and Globalization we have learned the impact globalization has had in different industries like the transportation industry, the entertainment industry including music, literature, movies, television, videogames, etc. Also it has influenced in the food industry, now many restaurants need to include in their menus global plates, they need to think and act globally. But personally I believe that for us to not only see the bad issues globalization  we need to think in a global way, but act in a local one, so that we can avoid cultural imperialism’s development  to increase.

The trends that I've seen has had more influence in my life are related to globalization in the entertainment industry, specifically in the movie and television content because since I’m from the North of Mexico, from a city that is borderline with Brownsville, Texas I have always been influenced with the American culture and this increased with all the movies I’ve watched from company productions from Hollywood, Warner Bros, etc.  Like the Cultural Imperialism says, the developed and powerful countries like the United States spread their ideologies to the subdeveloped countries like Mexico, and this has created the acceptance of certain stereotypes or it places the national culture as something inferior, that’s why I feel like this trend has influenced my daily life, and now that I’m more critically I can notice all the ideologies that have been imposed by the USA and how this affects the cultural diversity in the world.

I invite you to watch this mini video of Cultural Imperialism related to Music Industry in Spotify and USA music:

0 comments:

Post a Comment