Powered by Blogger.

GLOBAL TO PERSONAL




GLOBALIZATION OF FOOD:
GLOBAL TO PERSONAL
by Sofía Guzmán

So far we have covered a lot of gossips around the world (well, more facts than gossips) We discussed about Media and how it may or may not unite differentes cultures, we talked about technolgy and how it has change the way we interact with each other and we compared the transportation and entertainment business between countries, and one subject that affected me the most (in a positive way): globalization of food.



It make sound like a joke, like "Seriously, that's the most important thing you've learned?" but think about it for a second, food is becoming the greatest killer of Americans and their Western Diet is the most globalize food! I'm talking about fast food: meat with more meat at the top, fatty fries, sodas, fake cheese, cero greens and the health problems it cause. Mexico, not far away from the headquartes of toxicity, also loves these kinds of foods and I started to notice I was part of it.


After doing a lot of research, watching food documentaries and talking about in class,  it was an issue that I wanted to change in my life. My daily diet didn't consits 100% on fast food , but I certainly had bad habits, I ate meat every day, was addicted to tortillas and bread, didn't drink water and just bought processed products. So, I make a challenge and for 30 days I only ate vegetables, fruits, seeds and drink green juices and water. It was harder that I thought, but at the end it was all worth it. I lost 7kg (15 pounds) and gain a lot of energy! Now that the challenge is over I finally said goodbye to the western diet and adopt (or at least try to) the healthiest diet possible, based on India, China and Japanese diets, the healthiest countries in the world.


(I mean just look at the flags!)   <--click to watch the magic


0 comments:

Post a Comment