Powered by Blogger.

A Punk Prayer



PUSSY RIOT -- A PUNk PRAYER --



















Hello Global Gossipers

I hope you are in the mood for some RIOT, because my first post is dedicated to a group of girls that really like to make noise.

When i first saw these girls in class, all i could think was how similar were their costumes to the ones used by the girls in the movie "Spring Breakers", and so my curiosity about the girls in neon balaclavas begun

PUSSY RIOT is a feminist Russian punk rock protest band, it was founded in august 2011 and is well known for performing in unauthorized public locations, they sing about LGBT rights, feminism and their lyrics show opposition to the policies of President Vladimir Putin and the relationship between the government and the Orthodox Church.

On March, 2012 their performance of " unk Prayer-Mother of God, Chase Putin Away" took them to jail, WHY? Well, because they did not only talk about our "Lord's Shit" but they also performed in Moscow's Cathedral of Christ the Savior, according to some: the most sacred place in Russia! 

I must say I respect church and I do believe that in some sort of way this girls were disrespectful. While trying to understand what really happened, I bumped into a documentary that teach me a lot about the history of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, Maria Alyokhina and Yekaterina Samutsevich and also made me think that maybe i would have done the same if i were borned in a oppressed nation. 

HERE is the link to the documentary, take a look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment